Sunday, October 03, 2021

Cycling Elephants and Fishy Fables

I did the Kagglipura-Harohalli-Jigani loop around the periphery of the Bannerghatta National Park yesterday, felt good to do a Long Ride and Long Write After a Long Break.

Me-Triumphantly: "I climbed non-stop from Harohalli to Jigani, and without even using the Granny Gears!"
Wife: "So you are finally a Cycling Yogi?"
Me: "No, it is the hand of God."
W: "Midlife crisis turning you into a Religious nut, or a football fan?"
Me: "Actually God-Curry's men flattened the climbs in improving the road for truckers."
Eavesdropping Eco-activist son: "What about the Elephants?"
Me-Flippantly: "I did not see any."
Son, using his 6'3" advantage and towering menacingly over me like a nightclub bouncer "You know what I mean, that stretch is an elephant corridor."
Me "Yes, they have put a board saying animals have right of way. Though I am no sure if it is easier to teach the elephants or the motorists, to read and respect the board?"

At top of the final long climb I start seeing things, maybe the granny gears should have been used. I stop to take a breath and drink some water, but the apparition still persists, I see a Goa style shack with a poster advertising "French Java Fish Fry", with images of happy Chinese kids below it.
Son "You boomers, Nobody Uses Java any more."
Wife helpfully adds "Maybe it is some AI ML powered micro targeted marketing campaign by the Karnataka Tourism week, targeting Visitors from French Polynesia ?"
 


Once the climbing is over, starts the "Farmhouses a short drive from Bangalore" zone just before the Jigani Industrial area. Despite the flat terrain, my hallucinations are getting worse. I pass a replica of Berlins Brandenburg Gate, with a poster "Your Gateway to Rome, welcome to Mahaveer Roman Villas."
Something snaps, and I take a sharp left onto the road less traveled.
And discover a fabulous route next to the Ragihalli forest, with some very sharp descents and climbs. Had to resort to the Granny Gears, and in the final surrender,  walked the last 50 meters to the top when granny gears+ zigzagging also proved too tough.

The morning after, I am still weak kneed and sore, but "Kya Karein, Control nahin hota, Yeh Dil Maange More."





1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Opendro said...

Hilarious one :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home