Saturday, September 02, 2006

An Ode, to the Poor Chap on the Bangalore Road

This is my ode to the Bangalorean Road Warriors Plight
Tormented by the Mysterious case of the traffic Light ( Sherlock Holmes fans --What did the Light do --Nothing )
Stressed out by all the honking and horning
Beginning early in the blessed morning

"Objects in the rear view mirror" are closer than they seem,
Notwithstanding bumper stickers that proclaim-"Touch me and I'll scream"
Many a weekend (and moolah too) I have fruitlessly spent
In trying to exorcize the latest reincarnation of the dent

When traffic congestion worsens by the day
The authorities nonchalantly declare it a OneWay
The latest addition to my Blogroll
Is the definitive guide to the Bangalore Pothole

My wife says she'd sooner kiss a slimy Toad
Than drive on our wonderful Bannerghatta Road
As Chris Rea yodelled so well--
This aint no upwardly mobile freeway -This is the road to hell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home